Friday, June 1, 2012

Mission Statement? Maybe?

     I could have made my first post on this blog an actual review or some entertaining and insightful introduction, and this post will probably lean towards the latter. I hope so anyway. I'm a transgender (FtM) college student in my twenties (And a rather femme dude at that, hence my blog title.) and sex toys are, well, almost a hobby of mine now considering how many I have and how much I know about them. I figured it was finally time to start my own blog, after reviewing with Eden Fantasys for months. The sphere of sex toy reviews, particularly for dildos and vibrators, is dominated heavily by cisgender (That is, not transgender.) women and that's totally fine, but sometimes it means that reviews are also heavily dominated by easily made assumptions. For example, the most common one being that all women have the same body parts. I don't imagine most people are thinking about the existence of trans* people while writing about a vibrator so I try to be forgiving but it gets annoying, especially when I see constant statements about what all women supposedly want for their bodies because even among cisgender women there is a wide variety of body types and preferences.
      In this blog, I'm going to try to avoid blanket statements and misconceptions. Not just about gender, which is my pet peeve, but also about other common things like assumptions about the sexualities of those who use sex toys. I won't be using terms like "lady parts" and will instead be using scientific terms of dimunitives of such (Like "vag" and "clit."). Some people will be put off by this but I don't like to dance around what I really mean and I don't use other euphemisms that the trans* male community has floating around for my own bits so I will use what I use for myself.
      On the note of making people uncomfortable though, if you see something you find glaringly and hideously offensive leave a comment and tell me! I doubt anyone will though, since I'm not exactly going to be talking about anything controversial on this blog.
       I will post toy reviews, posts about gender and sex toys, recommendations, and content-related stories here, hopefully on a semi-regular basis.
       I hope you enjoy my blog and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment