Saturday, June 2, 2012

Small and Humble Spur


    I thought about what to do for my very first review here (Not my first toy review ever, just on here.) and had several ideas. I eventually got down to deciding between doing a few reviews in chronological order of the first few toys I ever bought and used, or doing a review of my favorite toy of all time for my first. The second won.
    Ever since I set foot in one of the seedy sex shops in my city, I wanted to find something "better than the real thing." I was always under the impression that such a thing existed, due to people's jokes and speculation without ever actually using or touching a sex toy. You know, all the crap about vibrators and dildos replacing "real men." Well, only newly knowing how to find my g-spot and not yet having experienced how cool vibrations are, I decided I was going to focus on penetration toys first and if I could get something that also vibrated, cool.
    Upon first entering the stores in my area, I was mostly greeted with penis-shaped hunks of jelly and hard, plastic vibrators. The first thing I noticed at both stores in my area was how huge everything remotely realistic was. I have small hands, a small pelvis, and small everything. I just can't take large toys no matter how nice and fun they look. I was deeply disappointed at the selection of smaller toys being limited to those aforementioned plastic vibrators. At the second store I went to, one of the workers let me feel up a large dildo made of cyberskin or one of its many cousins. I was pretty impressed at how much it felt like real skin, but again, the size was unapproachable for me. What I ended up buying from that store is a story for another day, but I also took away a burning desire for something made of skinlike material. That was the holy grail, I thought. That was what everyone talked about when they talked about how awesome dildos are, obviously!
    Well, I've learned a lot since then and tried a lot of different materials. My tastes have broadened, but I never stopped looking for what I would think was the most realistic dildo ever. The size range stopped me even when I looked at online stores, and when I learned about the porousness of skinlike materials I was even more discouraged. Then, I found toys by Vixen Creations. They make toys in impressively large sizes as well, yes, but what I got excited over was a little dildo called the Spur.
    The Spur is only around five and a half inches long including the base, and less than one and a quarter of an inch in diameter. That's pretty freakin' small for a realistic dildo, so that already makes it special in my book and something I would want. What makes it perfect? Oh, it just happens to be made of dual density silicone as well. What's that? Basically, it's silicone that has a squishy, soft layer on the outside and a fairly firm inner core. Other brands that make silicone toys have a similar lines, but quite honestly none of them match up in realisticness with Vixskin. It is the closest thing to a real erection that you will get out of silicone, and it can be cleaned so much easier and more thoroughly than anything like cyberskin. The ratio of flexibility to hardness is also superb with Vixskin. It bends like a real penis would, maybe the tiniest bit more.

    If it was the ugliest toy I had ever seen, I would continue to love the Spur just because of the material, but that's the thing. It's not. It's the cutest realistic dildo I've ever seen. The design is realistic but not off-putting. It doesn't make me think uncanny valley or penis amputations. It's just, well, nice.
    On top of all that, it comes in a really great storage tube that holds the Spur upright. To get the toy out you have to squeeze the clear tube while prying one of the black plastic caps off. I did not learn this in time and ended up slicing up the side of one of the end caps. Oh well.

    Now as for performance, considering that this is what I consider my favorite toy, you may have guessed I already think the world of it. I most certainly do! I'm a fan of rough penetration, and with a toy this soft and squishy I can have it as rough as I like without doubling over in pain. It doesn't even take a lot of lube. G-spot stimulation? Eh, it gives me a bit, but I prefer it for reaching other spots that I don't even know the names of yet. It gives me the same sensations as PiV sex, and that's basically what I wanted the most out of a realistic dildo. I have other items in my collection for g-spot fun and whatnot. This just excels at being penis-like, and it's great for vaginal use, anal use (Because of the flared, wide base.), solo use, or use on a partner with or without a harness.
    Silicone toys like this one can be cleaned with antibacterial soap and water, a diluted bleach solution, by throwing them in the dishwasher (If the toy doesn't have a motor and isn't easily damaged.), or boiling it for a short amount of time.
    The Spur and other Vixskin delights can be bought here.

1 comment:

  1. wow! thanks for this review... also a trans guy here and looking for a smaller dildo to add to my collection. been looking at spur and not quite sure if its something i should get. but lo and behold with this review i think its time to really invest. i have about 3 Vixskin cocks already, and they vary in sizes. But i don't have a small one that i can use for a complete beginner bottom. Or let alone for me who also sometimes like it rough but w/o the pain. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete